Format of Screenshots in FrameMaker

Subject: Format of Screenshots in FrameMaker
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 13:54:12 -0400

(Cross-posted to Techwr-l and Framers)

Scott Wahl sent me a mailnote asking:

"Can you summarize why people recommended TIF as the format of choice?"

and looking through the responses I received to my "Screenshots in FrameMaker"
question, I realized that the answer was not very clear, since most people did
not say why, they merely related what they did. One person recommended .bmp,
one .gif, but most people referred to .tif.

So ... I'd like to throw this question back to the experts, and add on a
further thought: If size was not the issue, what would be the best for
resolution/quality/whatever? Maybe if people could rank their preferences?

Thanks,

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=