[no subject]

From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:48:42 -0700

Well, depending on the developer, you might do a little research on user
interfaces and give him some options, backing them up with references,
statistics, whatever. Regardless of whether the doc is for the average
user or for "experts" like developers, it needs to be as streamllined
and as coherent as possible. Too many disconnected choices become
confusing. A couple overlapping menus for each process might make it a
bit better (and justify that big, blank screen).

Good luck,

BJ

Suzette Seveny wrote:

> I have a small situation that I would like some advice on how to handle. I am
> currently documenting a rather complex application. <snip>
> b) To add a template, I would select View>>Templates. When the list of
> templates appear, I select File>>New Template and answer about 50 questions.
> To generate a statement, I would select View>>Statements. When the list of
> statements appear, I select File>>Generate Statement.
> I felt that this process was confusing

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=