printing problem

Subject: printing problem
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 09:43:00 +0100

Hopefully somebody out there can help with a couple of annoying problems
I'm having (IT not available until next week). I'm using a HP Laserjet
4000N with duplex option and the following drivers:

HP 4000N PS driver

HP 5000 Series PCL6 driver

The problems I'm having are:

If I use the PS driver with Word it prints 2 pages/side OK but insists
on putting a box around each page

If I use the PCL driver it prints OK but graphics quality declines.

If I'm printing PDF with the PS driver it just want to print 2
pages/side at all, despite what the settings say!!

Has anyone else come across this?

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International

PS - as an aside. Somebody was recently asking about printing booklets and
we've found (not new I'm sure) an easy way of doing it for small docs -
Print to PDF, then in Exchange, thumbnail view, simply move the pages
around to where you want them and print double sided. "Fun" for docs over
about 12 pages but OK for smass datasheets etc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=