Re: WebWorks Publisher woes

Subject: Re: WebWorks Publisher woes
From: Sarah O'Keefe <okeefe -at- SCRIPTORIUM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 08:18:21 -0400

Mary McWilliams Johnson wrote...
>FrameMaker 5.5 comes with a built-in HTML converter, HotTamale, which I am
>told works much better than WebWorks Publisher. It also comes with the full
>Acrobat suite.=20

The built-in FrameMaker converter (which is no longer called HoTaMaLe)
works reasonably well for small, uncomplicated, one-time HTML conversions.

WebWorks Publisher is an industrial-strength converter for which you will
pay around $500.

In my experience, WWP works much better than the built-in converter,
especially for large conversion projects that must be repeated.

I have heard the argument that the built-in converter is adequate and/or
"not bad for the price," but under no circumstances would I describe it as
"works better than WebWorks Publisher." It's like comparing a model rocket
kit to the space shuttle.

Regards,

Sarah O'Keefe

PS There's a white paper with some basic information about publishing
*WinHelp* via WWP available at our web site.
http://www.scriptorium.com/hat_trick.html

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
FrameMaker ACE (Adobe Certified Expert)
okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com http://www.scriptorium.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=