Re: FWD: Advice on contract vs. captive

Subject: Re: FWD: Advice on contract vs. captive
From: Denise Lystad <lystad -at- LYNDEN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:12:37 -0700

Linda Castellani wrote:

> There are many agencies where
> one is on W-2, and where insurance, sick time, holidays, etc. are offered,
> and technically you are an employee, but they don't pay you if there is no
> assignment for which you are qualified. <snip> If you are indeed an employee
> and they pay you
> whether you are working or not, then fantastic! That's quite a deal. I am
> aware of an agency in Canada that supplied accounts and programmers
> knowledgeable in Baan that had that deal going, but I have never heard of
> it for tech writers. (If that is the case, however, I'd sure like to know
> more about that agency!)

I used to work for Cap Gemini America as a tech writer consultantand they did
pay me full salary, full benefits whether or not I was on
assignment. They have offices all over the U.S. but their parent company is Cap
Gemini
Sogetti, based in France but covering all of Europe. The U.S. offices that
handle tech writers
(at least four years ago when I was with the company) are: New Jersey, Chicago,
Dallas, and Houston. Email me privately for more information.

Denise Lystad
Lynden Incorporated
Seattle, WA

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=