Vocabulary for hardware

Subject: Vocabulary for hardware
From: Rahel Bailie <rbailie -at- CASTLETON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 10:34:50 -0700

Hello, fellow techwhirlers,

Just back from six weeks of deadline hell, I have a question for the

I'm telling users to configure certain ports, each port relating to a
specific functionality on a single card. The functionality is not
limited to a module, but to an area on the board.

Is there a recognized term to describe a physical area or section of a
motherboard or master processor board? The suggestion I've had from the
engineers is "section".

Thanks in advance,

Rahel A. Bailie, Senior Technical Writer
Castleton Network Systems Corporation
Tel 604-293-0039 (5432) / Fax 604-293-0047

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: FW: Tense in Step-by-Step Procedures
Next by Author: Re: Document processes and process documents
Previous by Thread: Re: RH 'Single-Source' problems
Next by Thread: Word: a professional tool? (was: Installing Winword 7 and 8)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads