Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 6 Sep 1998 to 7 Sep 1998

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 6 Sep 1998 to 7 Sep 1998
From: Mike Starr <mike -dot- starr -at- PLATINUM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 12:35:19 -0500

One thing to consider is that there are many printers that accept both
Postscript and PCL and because of that you need to install a separate driver
for each type of input. With most printers of this type, the printer is
typically listed twice in the list of available drivers, usually with the PCL
version of the driver being listed under just the printer name/model number and
the Postscript version of the driver being listed separately as name/model
number (Postscript) or something like that.

Mike Starr

Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU> on 09/08/98 12:00:42
AM

Please respond to "Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication
issues" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>

To: Recipients of TECHWR-L digests <TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
cc:
Subject: TECHWR-L Digest - 6 Sep 1998 to 7 Sep 1998

Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 22:08:53 -0500
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Subject: Re: PostScript Printing

I can only assume that the Lexmark Ultra S2450 is not a PostScript printer.
You are right that when you print to PostScript, all your font attributes
are frozen. Are you sure your Lexmark is PostScript?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=