Re: Printer course

Subject: Re: Printer course
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 10:56:26 -0700

Patty writes:
<snip>
> If you were given the opportunity to set the agenda for this kind of
> meeting, what would you want to include?
</snip>

I was invited to tour a printer shop (XEROX) that does most of the printing
for our company.

One real eye opener was all of the little gotchas that can foul up a print
job.

For example, some of our print jobs called out for "gray" paper and others
called for "grey" paper. This was enough to foul up some preprogrammed
sequences.

I would ask to be able to talk with some of the production workers, or lead,
not just the salesperson giving the tour.

The other questions I would ask is what process adds cost that could be
avoided.

Many times we ask for options or processes that could be done differently
and more economically that we do not know about. Ask the experts!

Another question would be what "other" services they can offer: CDs? CD
labels?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer