Re: Need immediate reply to a verb usage

Subject: Re: Need immediate reply to a verb usage
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:53:51 -0500

Cassandra, for these examples, the answer depends on which form of
English you use. British English would count Intermead as a plural, as
in "Microsoft have . . " but American English would count it as a
singular noun, "Microsoft has...". Where are you? Where is Intermead?
And which audience are you writing for? These questions determine proper
usage.

Jane

Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, div of Davox Corp.
Richardson, TX, USA
(972) 997-8355

and it would be helpful to put an area code for your phone number, too.
While I'm on a roll here, I think it would be very appropriate for
EVERYONE to put some geographic reference in their signature lines if
they ask for responses. Sometimes it makes a very big difference.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=