Re: Desc. for "functionally incomplete" ?

Subject: Re: Desc. for "functionally incomplete" ?
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 15:14:39 -0700

It seems that you need to talk to your marketing folks. By stating
upfront that the product is "functionally incomplete," you are shooting
yourself in the foot. Turn the fact that this has 25 bug-free features
into a selling point, highlighting the new functionality which will be
added with each new release. "We're doing it right from the beginning.
Just stand by and watch us grow," or something along those lines.

If you've done something and done it right, don't ever intimate that you
haven't finished the job. We've talked over and over about the bugs in
even the so-called industry standard apps, your product is already ahead
of that pack!

BJ

Rowena Hart wrote:

> * With each new release the product will evolve beyond basic
> functionality, until it supports all 40 features.
>
> Is there a term, possibly like "beta," that indicates that a product is
> not buggy, it just doesn't support all possible features?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=