Value-add: Thanks for your help

Subject: Value-add: Thanks for your help
From: Jay Mead <jlmead -at- OURAY -dot- CUDENVER -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 14:15:16 -0600

Friends:

A bit more than a year ago I started inquiring on this list about how to
measure value added by technical documentation, and I got many, many
helpful responses. The long-delayed (the delay was my own fault) result
was a Master's thesis and, this month, an article in STC's journal
Technical Communication. I want here to acknowledge the help given me by
this great mailing list, and say thank you to all.

And I want to say that I continue to correspond with people about this
important topic, and I would be very interested in hearing from you if you
have comments or experiences to share about figuring out how to measure
the value your skill adds to your organization. There's lots more work to
be done about this, and I know some of you are doing it -- I'd like to
hear about what you are doing to show your value to your organization.

Thanks again to all for your help.

Jay Mead
Galileo International
jay -dot- mead -at- den -dot- galileo -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=