Re: MS Word and cross-platform printing

Subject: Re: MS Word and cross-platform printing
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:39:55 +0100

Michael,
The problem isn't with the font but the printer - different printers have
different printable areas. We've had similar problems when sending masters
out for printing (now gone to PDF). Our solution was the strategic use of
white space around the text (pain of manual page breaks!) to ensure we
didn't lose the page setup. Also sent a hard copy to the printer which
they kindly checked before printing.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International