Re: Managers Who Intimidate Causing Grief

Subject: Re: Managers Who Intimidate Causing Grief
From: "Hanrahan, Dennis F" <Dennis -dot- Hanrahan -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:53:47 -0700

I once had a manager who liked to intimidate people and ironically, this
turned out to be the longest-tenured job I ever had. I just had to learn
to stand up to him. Managers of his ilk take great joy in making people
cower. Standing up to him made him resentful because he couldn't be as
controlling. But he respected me more. The only time I had to resort to
going to HR was just before "the end," when the whole department got
downsized out of there.

Dennis Hanrahan
dennis -dot- hanrahan -at- unisys -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=