What is DEC Alpha?

Subject: What is DEC Alpha?
From: Colleen Adams <colleen_adams -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:02:00 -0500

Can anyone point me in the direction of some information that explains
what DEC Alpha is?

We have supposedly developed a product for a customer (programmer)
in "DEC Alpha" and I haven't a clue as to what it is or how we document
for this type of product, as opposed to our other products which are
developed as APIs and COM interfaces.

I already searched the archives and only came up with DEC Alpha in
relationship to PDF files.

TIA for the crash course!
Colleen Adams
External Documentation Manager