Re[2]: Not read: Test message

Subject: Re[2]: Not read: Test message
From: WPAINE <WPAINE -at- LANIER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:34:15 -0400

Scott,

We are all blunt. Sometimes more can be accomplished with sugar than
with vinegar.

I am frustrated too, not just with all the test messages, but the
shocking number of comments (read whining) about them. Whines were
starting to run neck and neck with Tests. We were all being subjected
to them.

Thank you for letting me excrete my sarcastic wit and not taking
offense. Those of us who are blunt also need to be thick skinned.
<VBG> I earned my thick skin on an EX from H..., so No Offense taken.

How 'bout we set the example and keep to topics that this list was
designed for? Let Eric deal with abuses and abusers.

Bill

Subject: Re: Not read: Test message
Author: Scott Holstad <sholstad -at- corp -dot- earthlink -dot- net> at $INTERNET
Date: 9/11/98 10:23 AM

Bill,

I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that, due to the shocking number of
email messages I've been getting re my post, I am the one who's clearly the
asshole. Yep, not the off-topic posters, but me.

One of my faults is that I am blunt, and I am not gentle. We're not all
perfect, and that's one of my (many) imperfections. I am sorry if I
offended you.

Your sarcasm is duly noted. I hope I made your day a little better,
allowing you to exercise your sarcastic abilities.

Re new users -- I assume most of them think we're just a spam group, based
on the off-topic "test" posts of the last few days.

Yours,

Scott

At 12:44 PM 9/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
> Wow! Scott you sure told Them! I'll bet those new users that are just
> getting on to this user list can really tell how friendly and
> informative we are. Same for those who are just getting cc Mail and
> other mail auto programs installed onto their system.
>
> I only get 30-40 emails a day, so I just use my delete key.
>
> So how's work? Any deadlines coming up on you?
>

> Be gentle.
>
> Bill Paine
> Senior Technical Writer
> Lanier Worldwide