pop-up windows and online browsers

Subject: pop-up windows and online browsers
From: Melissa Alton <altonm -at- US -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:01:46 -0400

I E-mailed the message below last week and then spent all day Saturday in the
library trying to find articles on this subject for
the literature review portion of my assignment. After spending the majority of
the afternoon in the library and tapping the resources
of 2 librarians, I came home with 2 sources...2 not very relevant sources.

Does anybody know of any article out there that may be of use to me? Does
anybody know of any journal that I may find some
useful information in? Does anybody have any advice as to how I may go about
finding more information? I tapped out the
databases in my library on Saturday....

Here is my previous message....I am doing an article for a class on the
usability of secondary windows in
browsers (you know those things that pop-up on you while you are on the
Internet, usually via javascript) and was wondering if anybody knew of any
research that is or has been done on this subject.

Thanks

Melissa Alton
MS Student in Technical Communications

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=