White Paper Outline

Subject: White Paper Outline
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:02:11 -0400

Eric,

Here is a standard outline I use and co-developed. This White Paper
usually follows once the Green Paper has been signed off on by all
responsible parties.

White Paper Procedure

Definition: A White Paper is a report that explores a particular topic,
problem, or issue in detail, and sets forth recommendations for future
action. It contains an executive summary, statements of purpose, scope
and approach, discussion of assumptions, pros/cons, resources, costs, and
scheduling requirements, a summary that includes conclusions and
recommendations, and appendices, if applicable.

Date

Guidelines: The following are guidelines for each commponent of a
White paper:

Title Page with Abstract
Executive Summary
Introduction
Purpose
Scope
Approach
Discussion
What
Assumption
Where
How/Why
How Much
Pros/Cons
Summary
Conclusion
Recommendation
Appendix

I do have definitions for the above mentioned items, but this outline
should help you get started.

The following is a suggestion for the order in which you can develop the
report and make it easier to write.

Discussion
Appendices
Summary
Introduction
Executive Summary
Abstract

....well Geroge......will this help cover Sat.'s assignment .... :-)

Live from the bare's den,

Smokey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=