Distance Leading/Mentoring

Subject: Distance Leading/Mentoring
From: "J. Fraser" <tekwrite -at- ISTAR -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:11:56 -0300

Hi all, I'm now telecommuting as a senior tech writer with company who
would like me to assume a "leadership/mentoring"-type role for the other
technical writers in the group.

There was a brief discussion a couple months ago about
supervising/managing from a distance. I'd like to hear more from people
who have done this sort of thing (e.g., the pros and cons, tips,
techniques, etc.) Your information and advice would be most helpful!

J. L. Fraser, B.Sc.
Technical Writer
PO Box 58, Centreville
Nova Scotia, Canada B0P 1J0