Re: Printing copies of FrameMaker files

Subject: Re: Printing copies of FrameMaker files
From: Luigi Benetton <Luigi_Benetton -at- MARKHAM -dot- LONGVIEW -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:29:52 -0400

Mike Huber wrote:

Frankly, that sounds like a design decision, rather than a bug. You are
asking FrameMaker to print a batch of 10 copies of the document, and
that's
what it's doing.

What you want is to print one copy ten times.

I suppose the designers could have set the software up to interpret the
command the other way, but what about the user who wants to generate a
print
file that can be dumped to the printer to generate a batch of copies?
Also,
this approach allows FrameMaker to control the collation.

This is exactly the kind of thing the in-depth documentation should
cover.
Think about it - where would you document this kind of thing if it were
up
to you? How would you make sure the information is accessible, and that
the
user knows (or at least suspects strongly enough to bother checking)
that
the information exists to be accessed, without annoying the many users
for
whom this behavior is not a problem?

With all due respect, Mike, I originally scoured the Frame manual before
searching the TECHWR-L and Framers archives.

Luigi Benetton

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=