Porting MS-Word Drawings to FrameMaker

Subject: Porting MS-Word Drawings to FrameMaker
From: "David W. Swim" <dwswim -at- CAIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:43:56 -0400

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions on how to move MS-Word Drawings
to FrameMaker. There were a variety of suggestions:

1) Select the drawing and copy and paste it into CorelDRAW
2) Same as 1), but use MS Photo Editor to save the result in the prefered
format (MS Photo Editor comes with MS Office)
3) Same as 1), but use Paste-Special to plop the drawing right into
FrameMaker.
4) Save the drawing as a PS or PDF file and use a graphics package to
clean up any problems.

I used 1), since I happen to have CorelDRAW and it permits me to edit the
various objects that make up the original drawing. I pull in the .CDR file
by reference into the FrameMaker file. Now all I have to do is get
proficient in Corel! :)

Many thanks to all who replied!
David W. SWIM ----------------------------------- <dwswim -at- cais -dot- com>
Westgate - McLean - Fairfax - Virginia - United States of America
http://members.aol.com/dwswim/index.html
Technical writing for the Information Technology industry

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=