FWD: Practical Software Requirements

Subject: FWD: Practical Software Requirements
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:56:26 -0600

Forwarded on request 'cause Lisa Higgins has a crappy computer at
work. Don't ask. No, I didn't make any editing changes at
all in the forwarded text.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday, I posted a vague and almost hebephrenic response to someone's
question on books about software requirements.

Well, I just got news! Amazon wasn't updated the last time I checked, but
the book was released on Tuesday.

Again, although I haven't seen the final copy, I just can't recommend the
author's approach and perspective highly enough. I've seen pieces of the
book, and I'm familiar with the general content, at least, and I honestly
think that I'd recommend it even if I didn't have any connection to it. I
won't go into too much detail, but Ben Kovitz' approach is practical, simple
(but meticulously thought out), and easy to follow.

Also, it has a strange, but very cool, cover.

There's more information at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1884777597/002-4305634-4529623

and at:

http://www.browsebooks.com/Kovitz/

As long as I'm dropping names, I'd like to add that I also knew Eric and
Deborah Ray, for sufficiently generous values of 'know,' before they were
famous syndicated columnists! I also used to know John Hinckley and this
woman whose sister was married to Randolph Mantooth, from the show Emergency!

In spitting distance of fame,
Lisa.
lisarea -at- lucent -dot- com

Eric J. Ray TECHWR-L Listowner
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com http://www.raycomm.com/

Syndicated columnist: Rays on Computing
Technology Department Editor, _Technical Communication_
Co-author of _Unix Visual Quickstart Guide_, _Mastering HTML 4_,
_Dummies 101: HTML 4_, _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, others.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=