first job/international opportunities?

Subject: first job/international opportunities?
From: Mark Nelson <chosunnam -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 20:14:50 PDT

Hi all!

I am wondering about opportunites for technical writers overseas. Does
anyone out there have experience either with firms that deal with
international business/trade or directly working overseas?

I am currently a Junior in college studying Technical writing. Although
my professors assure me that there are a multitude of opportunities in
tech writing, I have been unable to locate much material on the
international aspects of the field [even in the archives of this
listserv! :) ]. Job searches, postings, and internships seem to be
limited to North America. Is there no market for technical writing
overseas? Is it not quite developed?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated!

Mark Nelson
Utah State University

BTW I really appreciated the thread on how a few of you got your first
'big chance'.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=