Re: Gender

Subject: Re: Gender
From: "Marsha G. Kamish" <mgkamish -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 18:34:28 -0400

Message text written by Mary McWilliams Johnson

*I'm wondering: How do folks from other states (outside Texas, Oklahoma,
and
*Dixie) look upon such phrases as "y'all" ??

I am a naturalized Houstonian and I have used "y'all" in conversation since
I met a southerner in high school (in Nebraska!). It makes sense to me in
a strange way. I used to say "you guys" when I was in school in
Massachusetts but I don't like the "guys" part. Of course, I only use it
in writing via e-mail to my relatives and close friends. (Yes, I vote for
e-mail versus email.)

P.S. As some famous Texan once said, "T'ain't brag; just fact."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000