Techwhirler in other languages?

Subject: Techwhirler in other languages?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:55:56 -0600

I missed who asked this question, but there's been some speculation
about the French name that led me to offer my deux sous. "Ecriteur"
is right out (someone confused the symptom, "ecriture", with the
disease on that one!), and "ecrivain" tends to be more for fiction
(or literary) writers... so I suppose one could make a case for it as
a useful label for techwhirlers. None of the francophones who I asked
(here in Montreal) agreed on the best term, but "redacteur technique"
came closest to being universally accepted (i.e., it was the one that
caused the fewest grimaces and the least forceful arguments against).
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: kHz
Next by Author: Powerpoint vs. Harvard Graphics
Previous by Thread: Word vs. FrameMaker
Next by Thread: Comparative Salary Info Article

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads