Re: kHz or KHz?

Subject: Re: kHz or KHz?
From: George Mena <George -dot- Mena -at- ESSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:02:56 -0700

Before the computer world used kHz and MHz conventions, these
conventions belonged -- and still rightfully belong -- to the world of
radio.

AM-based stations are in the kilohertz band (USA = between 530 kHz and
1620 kHz)
FM-based stations are in the megahertz band (USA = between 87.9 MHz and
107.9 MHz)

The fact this issue came up at all worries me. Most of us, if all of
us, grew up with a working radio in our homes, or so I thought.

That's what I get for thinking. :D

George

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=