Re: Save As in Acrobat Reader

Subject: Re: Save As in Acrobat Reader
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:42:23 -0400

On 9/29/98 Aandi Inston [quite -at- DIAL -dot- PIPEX -dot- COM] wrote (in part):

>Saving is not allowed in Acrobat Reader - it is just a Reader. This is
>by design, and Adobe forbid any third party development which would
>remove this restriction.
>
>Adobe like to sell copies of Exchange, for some reason.

Ah, but Adobe no longer sells Acrobat Exchange as a stand-alone
application. It is only available as a component part of the full
Acrobat
3.0 package or bundled with other Adobe applications (most notably
FrameMaker). This Adobe policy makes very little sense to me,
because the Exchange application is essential to the ability to use
PDF format for electronic review of documents via the Notes feature.

Fred Ridder ( f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com )
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corp.
Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy: