Re: Presentation software

Subject: Re: Presentation software
From: Steven Anderson <Steven -dot- Anderson -at- BRIGHTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:44:42 -0700

I am so bored by PowerPoint presentations. Since so many people do use
PowerPoint, I have started using other presentation software packages to
make my presentations stand out a bit. Really, once you know how to use
one of the modern presentation packages, learning the others is pretty
easy. That said, I do have to admit that Lotus Freelance is my

Personally, I try to stay away from jobs that require a specific
application knowledge. I want to be hired because I can write and edit,
not because I have worked my way through a course or book on a specific

Back to the original question now. I have a BS in TC. Our program
didn't teach how to use any applications. They did require us to use a
word processor, presentation software, etc., but we learned that on our
own. That, in my opinion, is the way to go. Let the people who teach
computer programs (the campus computer center for example) teach
computer programs to TC students and save the TC faculty for teaching
technical communication.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=