Blurry Screen Shots in Word 97

Subject: Blurry Screen Shots in Word 97
From: "Thompson, Sarah" <SThompso -at- RESDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:18:47 -0600

Hi, all!

I'm looking for advice on inserting screen shots into Word 97. I'm in
the process of translating my docs from 7.0 to 97, and the shots I was
using in Word 7.0 are coming into 97 blurry. I can't find any settings
to change to keep them crisp! I've tried everything I can think of,
including pasting them straight into the document and cropping them down
(size = HUGE), working through Photoshop and saving as every type of
file I can.

The best I've come up with is saving as a .jpg file in Photoshop and
importing from there. The only problem is that it takes two to three
times as long to crop and fix in Photoshop as it did in Paint. But
maybe that's just my inexperience with the program? I've seen several
messages touting the excellence of Paintshop Pro - maybe I should be
using that instead of the MS Paint I have on my system? I've also seen
lots of support for using FrameMaker instead of Word - unfortunately for
me, that's not an option right now.

Anyway, I searched the archives for a day and a half, but found nothing
that relates to this question. Any suggestions/advice would be welcome
- I'm about to throw my pc out the window (if I had a window)! Anyone
else out there having this problem?

Please reply directly to me (sthompso -at- resdata -dot- com), as I get the digest
- I'll summarize any answers I get. TIA!

Sarah

Sarah Thompson
Resource Data International
sthompso -at- resdata -dot- com

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=