Re[2]: Page breaks in HTML

Subject: Re[2]: Page breaks in HTML
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:12:46 -0500

This style may only work in IE 4.0 or higher. I've not tried it in
NetScape. But after just completing a cross-browser web application,
I don't have much hope. Netscape has an extremely limited object
model and implementation of dynamic styles.

NS 4.0.X doesn't support CSS Printing, which is the part of CSS that the
page-break commands you mention are from. No idea yet if Mozilla 5.0 will,
but I'd suspect it will.

CSS has some really useful features in it. I can't wait until at least one
browser on the market supports it, so I can try some of them out. It could
be the compromise that solves the designer/viewer battle currently going on
in the web.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224