Re: stripey scroll bars

Subject: Re: stripey scroll bars
From: "Townsend,Emru" <etownsend -at- POSITRON -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:07:06 -0400

No one else has responded to this as yet, so I'll stick my nose in.

What's causing it is pretty simple: scroll bars (rather, the scrolling area)
aren't solid color. They're actually alternating pixels of light grey and
white. When the image is scaled (generally, anything less than 1:1
onscreen) or printed, this causes a moire pattern -- the checkerboard. You
can either fix this by finding the limits of scaling, or by filling the area
with a light grey (or white).

Emru Townsend
Technical Communicator Dude - Product Integration
Positron Public Safety Systems Inc.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
e-mail: etownsend -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca
My words are my own. Confuse them with my employer's at your own risk.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=