Help me name my department

Subject: Help me name my department
From: JGREY <JGREY -at- MADE2MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:51:59 -0500

Hello techwhirlers,

I manage the Documentation Department for Made2Manage Systems, a
developer of enterprise resource planning software for small- to
mid-sized manufacturers.

Fortunately for us, our work has expanded beyond the bounds of
documentation. Our mission is to develop tools and provide services
that help users learn our products more quickly and become
self-sufficient. This includes books and online Help, of course.
However, it will also soon begin to include usability testing, user
interface design, and performance support systems. For example, one
product has 200 reports, and users complain that they never know which
one contains what information. We could develop a tool that lets the
user choose keywords that match the output they want, list for them the
report(s) that include that information, and let them generate the
report(s).

So it's time to rename my department. The best I've come up with, "User
Assistance Tools Group," rolls clumsily off the tongue. It's also
esoteric; *we* know what it means, but we'd have to explain it to
everyone else. The new name has to clearly and concisely communicate
what we do.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
jim

jim grey \ Documentation Manager
Made2Manage Systems, Inc. \ jgrey -at- made2manage -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=