Re: Task Knowledge, tool knowledge

Subject: Re: Task Knowledge, tool knowledge
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton__ -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 05:01:49 -0700

for on a daily basis--and what they're willing to pay me a decent
salary for--is the ability to solve minor communication problems very
quickly.

What my programmer colleagues find most useful is the fact that they
can explain something technical and I understand it; that they can
count on me to work with the software and do some of the research on
my own; that I can take that and create documentation that will make
our product more appealing to potential buyers.

A lot of the programmers I've worked for have written the
documentation. They had technical writers who weren't technical enough
to be anything more than editors (not that there's anything wrong with
being an editor). The programmers are too busy programming to be
writers, too. That's what they hire me for.

If I can help them with a Word problem, that's nice, too, but it's not
nearly the most important thing I bring to the table.

But that's just me.
==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=