USAGE: (No) Capitals in "I", "you" and one's e-mail signature

Subject: USAGE: (No) Capitals in "I", "you" and one's e-mail signature
From: Dr Rita Puzmanova <rita -at- EXT -dot- EPE -dot- CZ>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:53:08 +0100

Dear all,

Could you please help me on the following:

1) Why does someone use "i" (meaning me) instead of "I" (in e-mail,
namely)?

2) Are there some languages which, instead of "I" put more emphasis onto
formal "You" through capitalizing the "Y" (Czech is an example)?

3) Why does someone manually sign the e-mail by his/her name without
(any) capitals?

Additionally: Why there are e-mail messages which do not use any
capitals what so ever (and require a "search" for every other sentence,
as dot gets easily overlooked)?

I can think of a variety of reasons for the above but I am really not
sure
and would appreciate the truth - any response and/or simply opinion (in
all cases pls respond directly to me, too).

Rita
ALIAS: rita -at- ieee -dot- org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=