Re: SEA files

Subject: Re: SEA files
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:10:51 -0700

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:55:19 +0200, Benzi Schreiber wrote:

>Can someone please tell me how to decompress .sea files? (Please email me
>direct)

(Sent both direct, and the list for the benefit of any other who may run into
these things...)

.SEA files are Self-Extracting Archives. There used to be a SEA archiver for
my old C-64, but in this case I would expect you're looking at an archive
created on a Mac, or possibly an Amiga.

Your header doesn't indicate what mailer you use, and you don't say what
platform you're trying to do this on, but I'll assume it's some flavor of
Windows, since Windows users seem to be least likely to specify their O/S in
these sort of questions :-)

Since you can't actually run the thing under Windows, you'll need a SEA
un-archiver. If one exists for Windows, it should be at www.winfiles.com --
otherwise, you'll have to find someone with a Mac (or whatever sort of system
it was created on) to run it for you.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=