Re: The Alphabet and the Goddess

Subject: Re: The Alphabet and the Goddess
From: Layna Andersen <laynaa -at- CARECOMPUTER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:04:52 +0000

> You wonder how Shakespeare fits in. In a way, Shakespeare was the one of
> the first "modern" writers to be widely published and disseminated, thanks
> to that new fangled invention, movable type.

It occurs to me that Shakespeare did use images, in a way. What he was
writing was PLAYS, very much visual spectacles, often viewed by illiterate
people who couldn't have read the story (remember, he was his generation's
Spielberg, popular with the masses). Stage directions (such as the classic
"exit, chased by a bear" which I'm sure I'm misquoting) were certainly there to
tell the director how do it: technical writing?

Layna Andersen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=