Re: Blue chip, bored, and biding time

Subject: Re: Blue chip, bored, and biding time
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:52:39 -0400

Greetings!

> I'm making great money but am bored to death because
> nobody gives me assignments (even when I tell people I'm bored and
available
[snip]
> We have these weekly meetings that I go to and I am clueless
> throughout the entire meeting because nobody ever clued me in on the
ongoing
[snip]
> My manager and my leads all know I'm looking for work...

Sounds to me like you've got some promotion work to do! Maybe your
co-workers need some education and you're just the person to be dishing it
out!

Do some research on the projects that are going on and find out how you
could contribute your expertise (I'm assuming that you're a techwriter of
some sort). Then put a presentation together and sit your manager down and
show him/her how you could get involved. If you do a good job with your
manager, then insist that you make the same pitch at the next weekly

meeting. Maybe your manager will be able to help you polish off the
presentation for the other managers.

Not only will you get an clue on what's going on around you, but you'll be
kept busy and creative, and you can generate some work.

Get in their faces... Show them that you're indispensable!
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=