[no subject]

From: Debra Pesach-Kibbutz Hannaton <hannaton -at- ACTCOM -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:13:35 +0300

Warning: The following is a newbie question and may
contain content not appropriate for all readers. Proceed
with caution. ;~)

[Cross-posted to Tech-Whirl and Tech-Shoret]

I have just acquired (thanks to the STC) a 30-day
trial version of RoboHELP 6.0. I also have a 30-day
trial version of RoboHTML (from their web site).

I have previously only prepared a very simple help project
for my TW studies (with only a handful of topics, several
pop-ups and jumps, and one secondary window). I have a general
and very basic understanding of the components of a help file and
how the file is compiled. I have never worked with RoboHELP before.

I want to learn (on my own--a course isn't possible for the
next couple of months) and

* I need suggestions as to how I can get up to speed on the
skills of writing online help and using RoboHELP. References to
web sites are welcome (I have also done this on my own and it would
be helpful to compare what I have found with what you suggest).

* I would also like to get ideas about projects that I could "make
up" in order to plan the online help (since I assume that I can't create
context sensitive help on my own without a product and an engineer for
the proper coding- right?).

* I would like to know if there is anyone out there kind enough
(and crazy enough?) willing to critique such a project after I create
it.

Thanks in advance,

Debbie
Debra Panitz-Pesach
KIBBUTZ HANNATON
D.N. Hamovil 17960 ISRAEL

E-mail: hannaton -at- actcom -dot- co -dot- il
Fax: (972) (4) 986-4771
Tel: (972) (4) 986-4985

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=