Re: Status Bar Help

Subject: Re: Status Bar Help
From: "William G. Meisheid" <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:49:42 -0400

|Another developer within the company suggested expanding the use of the
|Status Bar and show the valid values there, but the development team is
|crying because it does not comply with Microsoft guidelines for status
|bar help.

Most of the research I have seen and considerable actual observation says that
very few people actually notice that any exists on the status bar.

There are other options, if you wish to discuss them with us, if Forte can get
mouseover events from specific data fields.

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified Baltimore/Washington area RoboHELP Training
Sageline Publishing 410.465.2040 Fax: 410.465.1812
http://www.sageline.com wgm -at- sageline -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=