Format Advice

Subject: Format Advice
From: Dennis Crowley <PropHead -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:15:36 -0500

All,

I am about to began the process of determining a format for our user guides.
They are paper documents on 8.5 x 11 standard paper. There are basically two
schools of thought.

One group of writers wants to use a format that "looks good" but has no
basis in instructional design (very grey pages, large bold headers, all
sans-serif fonts, etc.).

The other group leans more to the IMI school of thought (lots of white
space, labeling, chunking, accessible graphics, etc.).

I would like to ask the list what elements they feel are important to
include in the format and why.

Thanks,

Dennis

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=