FarSite document conferencing

Subject: FarSite document conferencing
From: "Laura J. Lockhart" <LLOCKHART -at- ABIM -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:35:40 -0400

I've just inherited (from a departing employee, ironically) the title of "technical expert" for a new project using DataBeam's FarSite Document Conferencing software, and was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using this. My company (American Board of Internal Medicine) purchased the software from MCI for "videoconferencing," a misnomer because it can't handle live video. We plan to use it for presentations whenever we add new Board members... sort of an orientation combined with a distance-learning presentation instructing them in question development for our licensing exams. I'm a
comfortable PowerPoint user and know that I can integrate PowerPoint files into my presentation, but I wondered if anyone else has tried any other more creative approaches (excluding live video).

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000