Re: Q: Overused words and phrases

Subject: Re: Q: Overused words and phrases
From: Mary Carson <carson -at- INFORMIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:56:28 -0700

Hmmmnnn ... sounds to me like you're trying to leverage our
jargonspeak, or you want to grow and greatly enhance the effectiveness
of the memo in communicating a positive quality message for customer
centricity
to leverage the newspeak of the cutting-edge management
metric paradigms.

I used to edit out any word that didn't make sense, but that left me with very
thin manuals. Now I just hope the technical content makes up for the lack of
clarity.

woefully,
Mary

At 12:32 PM 10/9/98 -0700, Rowena Hart wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>I'm curious whether any of you have short-lists of overused terms,
> words and phrases in the software industry that could be classified as
the "new jargon".

>By "overused," I mean words that have been co-opted by marketing
>and business leaders, or applied so indiscriminately that it's difficult
>for people to distinguish their specific meaning. Some words or
>phrases that come to mind are: open architecture, system integration,
>dynamic, framework, development, etc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=