localization

Subject: localization
From: Paul and Ellen Kelly <Paul_Ellen -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:31:44 -0400

Hello Win-Helpers and Techwr-Lers:

I currently work as a technical writer developing online help systems, but I
also attend Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) in Troy, New York in the
Technical Communications M.S. program.

For a school project I am looking into how technical writers localize online
help systems. In particular, I am going to examine how cultural differences
in learning styles need to be considered during the localization process.

I'd like to get some first-hand experiences from tech. writers who have done
this. If anyone is interested in helping me with this part of my research,
please mail me at smith_ellen -at- hotmail -dot- com and I can fill you in on what I
need. Free-form, one-time only thoughts and comments are also welcome!

Thanks,

-Ellen Smith
Technical Writer
NYS Attorney General's Office