Re: overused words

Subject: Re: overused words
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 15:03:42 +0200

Rowena wrote:
> If you can share your "do not use these words" lists with me, I'd
> appreciate it.

** I'm on a crusade against the use of "multiple" to
mean "several." When I hear of a program being
installed for multiple users, I think of cubicles full
of Siamese twins.

"This product runs on multiple platforms." What's
a multiple platform? A machine that runs both
Windows and Linux? Oh, you mean the product runs
on various platforms. Could've said so unambiguously.
Mark L. Levinson - Herzlia, Israel - nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il
In my case, laughter is all about two things:
truth and timing. - Julie Newmar

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=