efficiency

Subject: efficiency
From: howard <pencil -at- WAVENET -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:54:28 +0100

Hi all,

Guess it's not one that folks'll search the archives for guidance on, so
I'd like to make a request...

...would it be possible to prefix website URLs with "http://"; ?

eg, http://www.mynet.net/mypage/employme.html (no, it's not a real one)

For those with en-suite browsing from their mail readers it saves typing
because it becomes a hotlink, and for some of those with standalone email
s/w it provides an easy focus for copy & paste.

For those whose comms applications don't recognise this I'm sure 7
characters won't make much difference.

Also, I know ftp isn't exactly in as widespread use as it has been in
previous decades but my s/w also highlights ftp addresses. Anyone care to
feed back how various applications handle it please?

eg, ftp://ftp.mynet.net/myarchive/pub (again, not a real one)

Just a thought...thanx in advance,

howard

--
*theabovemessagedoesnotnecessaril
managAr parChonmorliez? SilateezntelizSane...readRlips - deliriupS

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=