FWD: Request Info on Relocating to Silicon Valley

Subject: FWD: Request Info on Relocating to Silicon Valley
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:53:02 -0600

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

Subject: Request Info on Relocating to Silicon Valley

Hello Fellow Tech Writers,

I have reached the pinnacle of my career in my present city, and I am
seriously considering relocating to the Silicon Valley. I know that the
housing market is expensive and tight and that traffic is bad. In the
archives for this list, there is some good information about recruiters and
agencies to contact for job opportunities in the Bay Area.

What I am interested in is any stories people might be willing to share
about relocating to Silicon Valley. I wonder how you feel about it now that
you did it. Is there anything you wish you had done differently? Is it
reasonable to expect relocation assistance? What are the pitfalls I should
be aware of before I seriously begin this process?

If anyone would be willing to share information with me, please post a
response to the list. If you prefer, simply post contact information, and I
will contact you from home.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share information and experience.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=