Re: Overused words and phrases

Subject: Re: Overused words and phrases
From: Jeff Elkins <jeff -dot- elkins -at- CARDHEALTH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:15:46 -0400

Rowena --

Here's another one: When Scott Adams' engineer Alice was asked by
management to BENCHMARK a list of World-Class companies to find out how
they compared, she replied that she bet they wouldn't "make verbs out of
nouns"...

Some different words from my list:

BENCHMARK (-ING)
SYNERGIES (-ISTIC)
CENTROID (My GM claims that he heard this somewhere, meaning "centrally
located")

But I use and like Best-in-Class. Our competitors, industry consultants
and cohorts use it regularly.

Jeff Elkins
Information Analyst/Developer
CORD Logistics
jeff -dot- elkins -at- cardhealth -dot- com

Sick to death of cliches and value-added jargon!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=