Definition of "overused"

Subject: Definition of "overused"
From: Stan Xhiao <mrlukeplease -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:46:06 PDT

Well John, you said that "..many of what you and others have denegreated
to OW&P, are simply the most accurate means of phrasing a common
business, and many of them are the correct term for a description..."

You also said "...there are many readers on this list that are new to
techcomm, and they may actualy keep this list. Then, the next time they
are given input, one or more of these phrases may be in it, they will
look at the list (some actualy trust the opinions of those on this
list), detirmine that the phrase is overused, and try to come up with an
alternative; of which they will either fail, take too much time, or
create material that isn't clear or accurate."

As to your first point, I believe that if these words and phrases are
used *accurately* then their mere repetition (no matter how annoying) is
not over-use. It is when they are used as buzzwords, just to impress,
that they become over-used.

As to your second point, I think even newly minted tech writers will get
the first point.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=