Web Help comments

Subject: Web Help comments
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:53:33 -0600

> Does anyone have any experience with Blue Sky Software's WebHelp? I am
> looking for a cross-platform, browser-independent, AND HTML-based help
> system, and
> WebHelp seems to be one (if not the only one) of its kind out there.
> If anyone can share their experiences with WebHelp or offer advice on a
> tool with the
> same features that I listed above, I would be extremely grateful.

I gave up on programs like Web Help years ago. I now rely strictly upon
HTML. As far as platform independence, that is what HTML is supposed to
provide. When you ask for Browser independence, I do not think it exists.
It is supposed to, but different versions of Netscape and Explorer do not
always support the various codes people use.

If you are doing anything web related, make sure you see how each browser
and version handles the code. People who use any of the more popular web
design tools are often amazed to discover that the cool pages they spent
weeks on, look very different when they surf to the page using another
browser.

Bob Maxey
3Com Technical

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=