Any Word on Word?

Subject: Any Word on Word?
From: Heather Ross <Heather -dot- Louise -dot- Ross -at- THEMUTUALGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:59:33 -0500

Al Brown wrote:
---------------------------snip
Our manuals are about 50-100 pages and up, with a
substantial number of graphics.
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with experiences to
share--positive
or negative.
--------------snip

I'm currently working on a manual that's 150+ pages long, with lots of
screen shots in it. The screen shots are linked to the file and not saved
with it. Even though I'm working with Word 97 on a Pentium II machine
running NT 4.0, I'm finding that Word can no longer keep up with my typing
(i.e. when I'm finished typing a word it still hasn't appeared on the
screen) and anything else I do takes longer than usual. When that file is
opened, other applications on my computer seem to run more slowly as well.
Right now, though, Word is the only program I have to produce this type of
document in, and other than the slowdowns it works fine. - Heather

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=