Re: Ethical Problem

Subject: Re: Ethical Problem
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:45:47 -0400

While I'm in counseling mode ... :-) I think our former Marine is right in
expecting management to make amends to the younger team member, and he
deserves the same courtesy. Tearing up one's citation is rather theatrical,
but obviously the manager who did so was smarting royally over whatever was
said about the documentation. Anonymous should also chat with the younger
person to mitigate the effects, regardless of what management does. After
all, documentation is only words on paper, it is not scripture, nor any
country's constitution that it has to be revered such that one need commit
hara kiri if it is incorrect. Anonymous is obviously no stranger to battle
conditions (3 ex-wives?!) so staying and working it through will provide a
learning experience for everyone and probably make conditions better in the
long run. Bravo for keeping a cool head!

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100  Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1        Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com    Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/bute/52/techwr-l/a.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000